Saturday, May 8, 2010

1st Baby Signing Time Instructor in Singapore!!!

YAY!!! I am extremely excited to share that after being a fan of the award winning Baby Signing Time and Signing Time DVD series from US and sacrificing many hours of sleep to practice and study for the course, I am officially a Baby Signing Time Instructor!!!

Not only that, I am the FIRST instructor in Singapore to be accredited by the Signing Time Academy!!!


What this means is that I am now able to teach according to the Baby Signing Time series which has won the hearts thousands and thousands of fans around the world!


I first chanced upon this award winning series at a local Baby Fair when I was waiting for my husband. I was bored and had to shop a little (yes, I am a shoppaholic)! I was already reading up and learning about signing to my child and did not know that such resources were available for signing mums such as myself. I read the brief description on the cover and thought "why not?"


Within 5 mins of watching Disc 1, my baby and I were hooked! The discs use song, sign and sing approach and were fun, catchy, educational and best of all, totally engaging! Fast forward to a year on, my daughter and I are still enjoying the production and we have moved onto Signing Time series which has a total of 13 discs each series (there are 2 so far).


Here's a sneak preview of what she picked up as "playtime" and "first signs" from the Baby Signing Time Award series.


I will share more information on the class contents, etc. in the next few blog updates. As part of the classes offering, I will be selling both Baby Signing Time and Signing Time DVD series and other items such as Board Books, Flashcards, etc. too.


Please email me for more information.



Here she is signing "Cold" to a flashcard which shows Ice @11months. To me, that was useful as she is able to identify what Cold was and could communicate to us say at a restaurant where the air conditioning may be cold for her







Here she is signing "cry" when a neighbour's child who lives above us cried





Signing to "Slide" - I asked her what she wanted to play and she told me "slide". This is an approximate sign as at this age, their motor skills are still developing




Signing to "Cat"




And the full profile of my little cat! =)

Happy Signing!

No comments:

Post a Comment